Paella with Electric Ocean
By Izabela Hejzlarova
What better way to celebrate the beauty of the sea than
with a paella and Electric Ocean.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Spanish rice
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 bell red pepper (diced)
- 3 tomatoes (very finely diced)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 10 - 12 jumbo shrimp (peeled)
- 10 - 12 mussels (cleaned properly-beards off)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Electric Ocean
1) Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers and garlic and cook until onion is translucent. Add chopped tomato, bay leaf, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add white wine and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and add salt if needed.
2) Add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and all the rice to the pot. Cook for 1 minute.
3) Pour the broth slowly all around the pan and jiggle the pan to get the rice into an even layer. (Do not stir the mixture going forward!)
4) Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Give the pan a gentle shake back and forth just once or twice during cooking.
5) Cook for about 15-18 minutes (uncovered), then nestle the shrimp and mussels into the mixture, sprinkle peas on top and continue to cook (without stirring) for about 5 more minutes.
6) Watch for most of the liquid to be absorbed and the rice at the top to be nearly tender.
7. Remove pan from heat and cover pan with a lid or tin foil. Place a kitchen towel over the lid and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Garnish with fresh parsley, Electric Ocean and lemon slices. Serve.